A total of $4.6 million is being invested in the upgrade of the Deniliquin Hospital. The funding includes $3.2 million from the NSW Government and $1.4 million from the Australian Government.
The project involves:
- A new Computed Tomography (CT) Scanner - purchase, installation and commissioning
- Relocation of Oncology Unit - to a purpose-built space in the Hospital
- Upgrade the Hospital Emergency Department including dedicated entrances for ambulance and patients, treatment spaces, the waiting area and improvements to patient privacy and the flow of patients through the Emergency Department
- Upgrade the operating theatre air conditioning to meet new Australian standards
- Upgrade to the Day Surgery Unit
- Upgrade to paediatric safe spaces.
Construction works are due to commence late year and be completed in 2022.