Dual Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife
Cootamundra Health Service
The Cootamundra Health Service comprises 27 hospital beds and 3 maternity beds, as well as a range of allied health and general practice services. The Health Service provides a 24 hour Accident and Emergency Department which is equipped with telehealth cameras to connect the team in Cootamundra with Specialists through the Critical Care Advisory Service.
With a population of 7,500, Cootamundra provides an extensive range of community programs, sports clubs, arts and culture clubs, drama and dance groups for residents. The town is a strong regional transport hub and has five major banks, supermarkets, pharmacy, tennis courts and a lovely golf course. Cootamundra is about 1 ½ hours’ drive northeast of Wagga Wagga, 2 hours’ drive northwest of Canberra and 5 hours’ drive to Sydney.
Did you know that Cootamundra is the birthplace of cricket legend Sir Donald Bradman?
Click on the link to learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Cootamundra
About the role
This rewarding permanent part time opportunity provides you with the best of both worlds; working with a great team within our maternity service as a Registered Midwife (RM) well as a Registered Nurse (RN) supporting our team and patients throughout the hospital.
‘No two days are ever the same,’ when working as a dual RN / RM within the hospital.
As a RM you will work in partnership with women to provide the necessary, support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period. In conjunction, in your role as RN you will be able to work in a range of clinical settings to continue building your nursing practice.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated ability to meet the NMBA competencies for the Registered Midwife and Registered Nurse& current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated competencies and skills in midwifery practice
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in a rural health setting
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria.
What can you expect?
- Great work life balance working 28 hours a week
- Be part of a supportive and high performing multidisciplinary team
- Access to ongoing professional development and clinical support
- Potential additional hours working across the hospital if sought
- Subsidised gym and recreation memberships
$62,619.50 - $87,926.11 per annum pro rata for part time hours
To find out more or to apply please click here: https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd/jobs/dual-registered-nurse-midwife-cootamundra-24936