Offering an alternative to practising in city and metropolitan regions, our regional and rural medical opportunities and pathways provide the ‘best of both worlds:’ great career opportunities, welcoming communities and a wonderful lifestyle.
Our Medical roles provide extensive variety in case mix as well as exposure to a breadth of presentations. Opportunities exist for specialists, career medical officers and general practitioners including proceduralists and junior medical officers across a range of disciplines.
Our talented doctors work within large Base Hospitals, District facilities and Multipurpose Services throughout our large region. The choice is yours!
We offer our Medical team:
- Ongoing clinical development
- Mentoring relationships and opportunities
- Innovative training pathways
- New and refurbished hospitals throughout the District
- Partnerships with rural clinical schools: the University of New South Wales and Notre Dame University Australia and an affiliation with Charles Sturt University.
Medical career opportunities include:
- Emergency Medicine
- General Practice
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Medicine Surgery
- Intensive Care
- Medical Administration
- Geriatric Medicine
- Respiratory and Sleep
Working and training at Griffith Base Hospital provided me with the skills required for procedural rural medicine with a supportive group of experienced rural doctor mentors.” Dr. Damien Limberger GP Obstetrician - Executive Clinical Director and Director of Postgraduate Education & Training - Griffith Base Hospital & Community Health Services
Take a look. Here is your opportunity to learn more!