Eating healthy food is vital to good health and well-being. We are passionate about helping our communities gain the knowledge and skills they need to live healthy lives, so we’re here to help.
Whether you need to increase your fruit and vegetable intake or if you’re just looking for some fresh recipe ideas, we have a range of great programs that can help you, your family and your community.
Fuel For Your Body – Eating Healthy
Healthy eating is much more than a diet for weight loss. Food is our fuel. Just like a car needs the right fuel for best performance, we need to fuel our bodies with the right foods. Eating healthy every day will help you to:
- Prevent illness and disease; from heart disease through to the common cold
- Increase concentration at work, school and home
- Support healthy bones and muscles throughout life
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Nourish your skin, hair and nails
- Improve mood and boost energy
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating provides general advice and will help you to choose a wide variety of nutritious foods every day.
Healthy Beginnings provides specific healthy eating advice for mothers and parents through a range of booklets across several stages.