We work with schools to deliver Live Life Well @ School. Our aim is to get more students active more often, as well as focusing on healthy eating habits. It is a whole school approach to living life well.
See our video showing Live Life Well at School in action at Gundagai South Public School.
The five key messages of Live Life Well @ School are:
- Get active each day
- Choose water as a drink
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Turn off the TV or computer and get active
- Eat fewer snacks and select healthier alternatives.
For further information, visit the link to the official Live Life Well @ School webpage
Why should your school take part?
Live Life Well @ School helps schools meet their goals for the wellbeing of their students. It meets teacher needs for NESA teacher accreditation and PDHPE curriculum.
Live Life Well at School helps partner with the wider community about health and wellbeing to help students achieve their best.
Putting the LLW@S strategies in place have shown improved students’ academic performance and behaviour in the classroom. See our flyer for more information.
What support will schools receive?
- Help to develop and implement Live Life Well @ School Action Plans
- Teaching resources including lesson plans, training opportunities and incentives
- Newsletter snippets to support the key messages being taught in school
- Help for school canteens to implement a healthy canteen
- Nutrition and physical activity strategies for the school community to complement Live Life Well at School
- Help with local media to promote Live Life Well @ School activities within the school community