We work with schools to deliver Live Life Well @ School. Our aim is to get more students active more often, as well as focusing on healthy eating habits. It is a whole school approach to living life well.
See our video showing Live Life Well @ School in action at Gundagai South Public School.
The five key messages of Live Life Well @ School are:
- Get active each day
- Choose water as a drink
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Turn off the TV or computer and get active
- Eat fewer snacks and select healthier alternatives.
For further information, visit the link to the official Live Life Well @ School webpage
Why should your school take part?
Live Life Well @ School helps schools meet their goals for the wellbeing of their students. It meets teacher needs for NESA teacher accreditation and PDHPE curriculum.
Live Life Well @ School helps partner with the wider community about health and wellbeing to help students achieve their best.
Putting the Live Life Well @ School strategies in place have shown improved students’ academic performance and behaviour in the classroom. See our flyer for more information.
What support will schools receive?
- Help to develop and implement Live Life Well @ School Action Plans
- Teaching resources including lesson plans, training opportunities and incentives
- Newsletter snippets to support the key messages being taught in school
- Help for school canteens to implement a healthy canteen
- Nutrition and physical activity strategies for the school community to complement Live Life Well at School
- Help with local media to promote Live Life Well @ School activities within the school community
- Opportunity to sign up to our Live Life Well @ School Mail for access to the latest information on new resources, funding and programs that can help your school.