Murrumbidgee Local Health District’s Health Promotion team work with schools to deliver Live Life Well @ School. Our aim is to get more students active more often, as well as focusing on healthy eating habits. It is a whole school approach to living life well.
See our video showing Live Life Well @ School in action at Gundagai South Public School.
The five key messages of Live Life Well @ School are:
- Get active each day
- Choose water as a drink
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Turn off the TV or computer and get active
- Eat fewer snacks and select healthier alternatives.
For further information, visit the link to the official Live Life Well @ School webpage
Why should your school take part?
Live Life Well @ School helps schools meet their goals for the wellbeing of their students. It contributes to elective PD regarding PDHPE curriculum.
Live Life Well @ School helps partner with the wider community about health and wellbeing to help students achieve their best.
Putting the Live Life Well @ School strategies in place have shown improved students’ academic performance and behaviour in the classroom. See our flyer for more information.
What support will schools receive?
- Help to develop and implement Live Life Well @ School Action Plans
- Teaching resources including lesson plans, training opportunities and incentives
- Newsletter snippets to support the key messages being taught in school
- Help for school canteens to implement a healthy canteen
- Nutrition and physical activity strategies for the school community to complement Live Life Well at School
- Help with local media to promote Live Life Well @ School activities within the school community
- Opportunity to sign up to our Live Life Well @ School Mail for access to the latest information on new resources, funding and programs that can help your school.
Calendar of events
Support for Live Life Well at School
If your school would like to receive support please complete our pre-support survey. This will help us in tailoring our support to you and your school. The survey asks about:
- what Live Life Well at School practices are currently in place in your school
- what Live Life Well @School activities would your school like to work on
- what type of support or resources you might need from us
One of our staff will be in contact with you after you submit the survey.
Project evaluation snapshots
We have summarised a range of projects that have supported aspects of Live Life Well @ School through these evaluation snapshots. Please read these to get an understanding of the projects and if you have any questions please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org