Keeping active as you age is important for good health and preventing falls. Low cost physical activity programs are running in our local communities every week. Led by trained volunteers these classes are ideal for beginners or people who haven’t been physically active for a long time. With over 90 classes running every week there is sure to be a class near you!
Visit the Active and Healthy Website now to search for your local program.
Which physical activity program is for you?
Care for your body and mind by participating in Tai Chi for Health.
- Proven to reduce falls
- Increase your balance
- Improve your flexibility
Get your whole body moving in these classes. You can stand or use a chair to do these exercises. Enjoy whole body benefits of:
- Improved strength and balance
- Improved heart and lung health
- Greater range of motion in your joints
A fun way to keep cool and continue with exercise in the warmer weather. Work on your strength, balance and endurance while the water supports your joints.
- Available in the summer months, limited locations available over winter
- No need to be able to swim
- Pool admission may be required on top of class fee
How to get involved?
- Visit the Active and Healthy Website to locate your local class.
- Download a Participant Registration Form and bring to your first class.
- Email email@example.com or phone 0409 781 326 for further information.
- You will be asked to see your doctor if you have a heart condition, chest pain, dizziness, asthma, uncontrolled diabetes or any other health condition where participation may be unsafe.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Get in touch with our team.