The Community Care Nursing Service provides comprehensive and person-centred care to people living at home or in their local community.
Community Care Nursing Service works in close partnership with local hospitals, doctors, nurses, other health professionals and community and non-government organisations.
In an emergency, please call 000.
How we can help
Because care is based on individual needs, the services offered will differ but may include:
- Care of your clinical condition
- Planning and maintaining your health goals
- Clinical nursing support for aged care clients to continue to be independent at home
- Post-operative recovery care
- End of life and palliative care
- Support for people with chronic conditions to manage illness and improve lifestyle
- Health education, support and advice
- Support for carers
- Identification of risks, such as those which may cause falls, and steps to improve your safety
- Support accessing other services.
Anyone may make a referral - this includes your doctor, local hospital, family or you can even make one yourself.
All Community Care Nursing referrals are received through the Community Care Intake Service on 1800 654 324.
After your referral is received
You will be contacted by a Community Care Intake Nurse who will:
- Chat with you about the care you need including how you are currently managing at home.
- Ask for your verbal consent to register you for the services you may need.
- Arrange a time and place for your first visit and get directions to your home if necessary.