If you are a dad-to-be or a new dad – congratulations!
Being a dad is exciting but also challenging.
To help dads or co-parents like you, Focus on New Fathers is offering a free service to help new and expectant dads understand and connect with your baby and support your partner for those who are living in the Murrumbidgee Local Health District area.
How to Register
To register for the Focus on New Fathers Program: www.sms4dads.com.
- Dads are busy before and after birth
- Dads are too busy to come to all parenting classes, but they do have their mobile phones to receive SMS Messages.
- Three SMS per week.
- Provides tips and tools based on relevant times based on the baby’s birth date.
- A regular check in to see how you are going.
- Free practical info and tips, straight to the dad’s phone.
- Great connection with baby and father, father will feel more included.
Who can sign up?
- Dads living in the Murrumbidgee Local Health District Area can sign up if they are over the age of 18.
- Fathers or co-parents can sign up to receive text messages (16 weeks before birth to 24 weeks after birth).
- All that is needed is a mobile phone capable of receiving and sending text messages.
For more information, and to sign up for the program, visit the NSW Health website and for FAQs about the program go to: www.health.nsw.gov.au/public/Pages/focus-on-fathers-faq.aspx