Getting older brings its share of challenges, and there are lots of reasons that can make it difficult to stay mentally healthy and strong.
Our Older Persons Mental Health Unit is located in the new Health Services Hub beside Wagga Wagga Base Hospital. This service is specifically aimed at older people and caters to individual needs in an empowering and caring way.
We have 24 beds:
- 8 beds for our T-BASIS or Transitional Behavioural Assessment and Intervention Service for people with severe behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD);
- 12 beds in the Older Person's Mental Health Unit for people over 65 needing short term hospital care due to mental illness and;
- 4 beds in the High Dependency Unit.
Our team includes:
- Occupational Therapists
- Social workers
- Diversional Therapists
- Family/Carer support worker
How will our service help you?
- Our team completes a thorough assessment of your condition and circumstances before planning the approach to any treatment with you and your family and carers
- We listen to you and we work together to determine the best plan for you
- We provide you with education and support
- We can refer you to services in your community that can support you at home
- We always listen to your feedback to help us improve our facility and the care we provide