You can contact MLHD Patient Flow Unit and Patient Transport Services if you need:
- Specialist medical advice for a critically ill or injured patient
- General medical advice
- To organise a bed for a patient transferring between hospitals
- Patient transport between public hospitals, or from a public hospital to an appointment
Please contact our services on 1800 904 355 (Free Call) and follow the prompts to be connected to the right service for you.
Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) Patient Flow Unit and Patient Transport Service is located in southern NSW and covers an area almost twice the size of Tasmania. The area we service extends from Hillston and Lake Cargelligo in the north west across to Boorowa and Young in the north east; and from Tumbarumba in the south east across to Deniliquin and Barham in the south west.
The MLHD Patient Flow Unit (PFU) coordinates the safe movement of patients between hospitals as well as providing specialist advice through the Critical Care Advisory Service (CCAS) and the Remote Medical Consultation Service (RMCS). Patient Transport Services (PTS) transport patients safely between public hospitals as well as from hospital to a variety of appointments.
How will our Patient Flow Unit and Patient Transport Service help you?
The main purpose of our services is to provide patients with safe and timely access to treatment. MLHD Patient Flow Unit and Patient Transport Services does this by:
- Providing specialist medical advice through the Critical Care Advisory Service;
- Connecting doctors and nursing staff from smaller hospitals to more experienced doctors in larger centres such as Wagga Wagga Base Hospital;
- Organising beds for patients transferring between hospitals to get specialist care, and
- Arranging safe, timely and appropriate transport for patients admitted to public hospitals within our district.