You can make a Patient Transport Service booking online, or by contacting Patient Transport Services on 1800 904 355, and choose option 2.
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) provides patient transport for patients who are currently admitted to a public hospital within the MLHD. We transfer patients between hospitals and to appointments so that patients can get the treatment they need.
The Patient Transport Service is staffed by patient transport officers and nurses who help transfer patients safely between hospitals, as well as from hospital to appointments and back again.
To help us meet the needs of as many patients as possible, our crews are located in:
- Wagga Wagga
- Deniliquin or Finley
How will our Patient Transport Service help you?
The main benefit of our service is to help patients get to and from the care they need safely. By using patient transport, patients and their families, as well as hospitals and medical staff know that the patient will be looked after and reach their destination safely.
Patient Transport Services will assist:
- Patients to get to where they need to be so that they can get the care they need.
- Patients by using different vehicles depending upon the medical needs of the patient;
- Providing care during transport including providing oxygen or heart monitoring;
- Patients by providing Patient Transport Officers and Registered Nurses to accompany them during transport, and
- Patients who are overweight by using specialised vehicles and stretchers.
Specific Programs/Services available
PTS is suitable for patients who are not critically ill or injured and who need transport to or from:
- One public hospital to another
- From a public hospital to doctor or specialist appointments
- From a public hospital to X-Ray, CT and MRI appointments
- From a public hospital to mental health facilities
- To and from Dialysis (Tumut only)
Sometimes a patient will not need to have a nurse accompany them during transport. In these cases Patient Transport Services may organise one or two patient transport officers to accompany the patient to their destination.