Whether you, or someone you know, have experienced sexual assault recently or in the past, seeking professional help is one of the most important and helpful things you can do.
You are not alone, we are here to help.
- Crisis and ongoing counselling
- Group work
- Support in dealing with other Services
- Information about legal processes, medical care and forensic examinations for adults and children who have experienced sexual assault.
This includes services which provide crisis and ongoing counselling and support services for non-offending partners/family members of victims where appropriate.
For help please call the service closest to you.
- The Sexual Assault Services provide counselling and ongoing support for sexual assault victims and their non-offending family and friends. All genders and ages are welcome to access our Services FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services.
- Sexual Assault is an abuse of power and control using sexual means over another person. It is a serious crime for which the offender is 100% responsible. It is more than a sexual act, it is an attack on a person’s body, senses and whole self and counselling can help victims to recover as well as possible.
- 1 in 3-4 girls and 1 in 6-7 boys will have experienced some form of sexual abuse before the age of 18 years.
How will our Sexual Assault Service help you?
- We provide 24 hour crisis counselling services for victims of sexual assault. This includes women, men and children, as well as non-offending family members and friends where appropriate
- Information and options about your choices regarding Medical examinations, including a medical appointment to collect forensic evidence of the assault if required
- Ongoing counselling
- Court preparation and support for victims during the legal process
- Information about Police, Community Services, court procedures and support when making a statement to police if required
- Community education and group-work programs, including training/consultancy to other professionals in the area
- Support with and provision of Victim’s Compensation information and Victims Impact Statement preparation if required