To refer please present to your local Emergency Department or Police Station.
Violence, Abuse & Neglect (VAN) service responds to those affected by violence, abuse and neglect and are delivered according to consistent service standards.
Victims of violence, abuse and neglect have the right to access comprehensive crisis and ongoing medical and health responses, regardless of where they live.
Service is provided to:
- Child sexual abuse victims (children and adult survivors)
- Adult sexual assault victims
- Child abuse and neglect victims
- Domestic and family violence victims
- Children and young people aged 10-17 years who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour
- Children under 10 with problematic or harmful sexual behaviour
- Family members and carers of the above including family members and carers of those who may have caused harm.
VAN service will be provided in a timely and appropriate response, using trauma specific and best evidence based practices, addressing a person's health, safety and wellbeing.
The VAN worker will link people and organise necessary referrals and ongoing supports, striving to maintain the consumer’s rights and responsibility.